Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pre-Home Assignment Update

As my year in Ukraine comes to a close, with just three days remaining, I thought I would take this time to share some specific summer prayer requests and information with you.

Speaking Schedule 2011--Here is a list of where I have officially been scheduled to speak this summer.


June 12 --
AM: Westminster, MD

June 19 --
AM: Frederick New Beginnings, MD (youth Sunday school class)

June 25 (Saturday)-- 
PM: Berlin The River, MD (youth service)

June 26 -- 
AM: Berlin The River, MD

July 3 --
AM: Hanover Trinity, PA (between Gettysburg and I-83)

July 10 --
AM: UNAVAILABLE (Nazarene Youth Conference)

July 31 -- 
AM: South Carroll (Eldersburg), MD
PM: Pleasant Ridge, PA

August 7 --
AM: Gettysburg Harvest, PA
PM: Ryot, PA

August 14 -- 
AM: Leonardtown, MD


Prayer Requests:
Please pray that God would:
-Help me to have a smooth time of re-adjustment to American life (read my definition of reverse culture shock here)
-Speak through me and with His words in the various contexts: Sunday School class, youth service, regular Sunday services
-Provide funds for this next year of teaching at KCA, from one-time or monthly sponsors
-Keep me safe while traveling:  across the ocean, to Kentucky, driving throughout MD/PA
-Provide enough personal funds for the things I will need to take care of while at home in America:  gas, food while on the road, cell phone bill, doctor/dentist/eye doctor appointments

Nazarene Youth Conference:
In the past few weeks, I have been getting to know the students of the MK District via our Facebook group.  They are sure to be a fun bunch, and I already know 3 of the Eurasia students and a few of the sponsors.  I also discovered that I will have the chance to meet one of the MK's at my very own district Family Camp, just a week before NYC!

Please pray for these students and for us sponsors.  Pray that the students will be open to what God wants to teach/tell them.  Pray for us sponsors, that we would be able to guide these students closer to God, connect with them, and have the energy to last through the week!  We will be there from July 5-10.

Thank you again for all your prayers and encouragement.  I hope to see you sometime this summer!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment